Visit the band shopShop Now
Warrior Update - January 17th
Hello Warrior Band family,
We are trucking right along! Sectionals have begun and the majority of the bands are working on their UIL music plus small ensemble parts. Color guard has been hard at work as well and will have their first public performance this weekend!
Statements emailed last week!
I feel like a real administrator for once because I did my very first MAIL MERGE! Proud day for the McCann name. 😄
You should have received an email that contains a link to your student's new financial statement. If you did not receive it, please reply back to this email and I'll forward it along. If possible, we need to start making payments on remaining band fees so we can get deposits made for our 2023 marching show designers.
Winter Guard @ Coppell Friends and Family Night - Saturday, January 21st
The first winter guard performance is taking place this weekend at Coppell HS! Here is the itinerary from Mr. Moore:
- 12:15pm - call time at MHS
- 1:30pm - depart for Coppell HS
- 2:30pm - arrive at Coppell HS
- 2:45pm - unload equipment, place flags and bags at "the stack". Watch groups!
- 4:45pm - return to stack
- 5:45pm - official warmup
- 6:08pm - first 2023 performance!!
- 9:20pm - show over, grab all equipment and go to bus
- 9:45pm - depart for MHS
- 10:45pm - arrive at MHS, unload trailer, go home
Mr. Moore says that this is a ticketed event at the door. Tickets are $7. Best of luck to the color guard in their exhibition!
All-City Clinic and Concert - Thursday and Friday, January 26th and 27th
We are 9 days away from our 2023 All-City Clinic and Concert! For the first time ever, we are restructuring the event to a Thursday night sectional, all-day Friday clinic, and concert on Friday night. Students who made the ensembles will be excused from all Friday classes. Here's the schedule:
Thursday, January 26th
- 6:15pm - call time on campus
- 9th grade - Nichols JH (rooms tbd)
- 10th-12th grade - Lamar HS (rooms tbd)
- 6:30pm - sectionals begin
- 9:00pm - sectionals over
Friday, January 27th
- 8:00am - Arrive at Arlington ISD CVPA, 900 E Sanford St, across from AT&T stadium. If you cannot get yourself or your student to the CVPA on your own, please email me ASAP so we can try to find you a carpool option.
- 8:30am - rehearsals begin
- 9th grade - multi-purpose room
- 10-12th grade - concert hall
- 11:30am - lunch (provided by our band booster club!)
- 1:30pm - 2nd rehearsal begins
- 9th grade - concert hall
- 10th-12th - black box theater
- 3:15pm - small break
- 3:30pm - final rehearsal begins
- 9th grade - multi-purpose room
- 10th-12th grade - black box theater
- 5:00pm - rehearsals end, change into concert attire
- 5:45pm - quick warmup in last locations
- 6:00pm - concert begins with 8th grade
- approx. 6:30pm - 8th grade concert ends, 9th grade goes on stage once clear
- approx 7:00pm - 9th grade concert ends, 10th-12th grade goes on stage once clear (9th graders, stay for the top group if you can!)
- approx 7:40pm - concert over, all students picked up from the CVPA
The concert is a free event and we hope everyone can come out to hear the best band students in AISD!
School calendar for 2023-2024
If you didn't hear, the school district has approved the 2023-2024 calendar. Some interesting adjustments:
- Student's first day of school will move from Monday to Wednesday of the same calendar week. This could potentially affect band camp but we won't know until we find out about our professional development requirements.
- Last year, we had a 4-day weekend the first weekend of October. This year, we will have school on that Friday. Monday is still a school holiday...but most likely the day before UIL Marching Evaluation again 😕
- Tuesday, November 7th is a school holiday for national voting day.
- This year, there was three weeks between Thanksgiving break and the new year break. Next year, there will be FOUR weeks.
- After the new year break, we come back Tuesday (was Wednesday this year).
That's all for this week. Plenty to do and see!
Winter Guard practiceMar, 23 2023 5:00 PM - Mar, 23 2023 8:30 PM MHS gyms
Band Pre-UILMar, 23 2023 6:00 PM - Mar, 23 2023 9:00 PM Martin HS
TWU Lunch performanceMar, 24 2023 12:00 PM - Mar, 24 2023 1:30 PM Martin Band hall
Sponsor the bandSponsor US
SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES
Subscribe to our club for updates and latest news